Plover Organic Linens from Haiku Designs
Health and Harmony While You Sleep
The Plover Organic Linen Collection has been discontinued by the manufacturer. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Haiku Designs offers a number of other organic bedding choices on our main organic bedding page.
Haiku Designs is pleased to introduce the Designer Organic Linens Collection from Plover Organics. Haiku Designs now offers a full line of colorful and comfortable totally organic linens. Created around the latest innovations and research into sleep and body dynamics, as well as the Zen and Oriental Furniture ideas of simplicity in design and harmony with the Earth, our Plover Organic Linen Collection provides the perfect path to a good night's sleep. Our Organic Linens are pleasing to the eyes and senses as well as nourishing to the body and the spirit.
The Haiku Designs Plover Organic Linen Collection is part of our Total Sleep System. This system is created around two major components: a Naturalpedic Organic Latex/foam Mattress or an EcoRest Organic Futon, complimented with a set of Plover Organic Sheets and Pillowcases, Plover Throw Pillows, Quilts, Plover Duvet Covers and Euro Sham Pillows, and all placed upon a Haiku Designs Eco-Friendly Platform Bed. Used together they provide a luxurious, healthy, and comfortable sleep system for your bedroom.
Good for you. Good for the earth.
Growing cotton organically means avoiding those toxic chemicals and their fallout, improving soil fertility and protecting farming communities at the same time. Buying organic supports environmentally and economically sustainable production, which is vital to the welfare of the planet. The great health benefit of our Organic Linen Collection is the fact that one is sleeping in a natural, chemical-free environment. Many toxic and un-natural materials are known carcinogens and off-gas a whole list of known toxins into the sleeping environment. Such an environment can become a breeding ground for molds and dust mites, triggering a whole list of allergic, auto-immune reactions. Learn more.
Organic Cotton Fabric and Color
- Plover textiles are produced from high-quality 100% organic cotton, making it better for you, your family, your home and for the environment.
- The organic cotton in Plover's linens comes from non-genetically engineered seeds grown in soil that is free of pesticides, herbicides or other cytotoxins - keeping poisons away from those you love and out of the ecosystem.
- Plover uses a hydrogen peroxide bleaching process and only low-impact, fiber reactive dyes. These dyes form a strong bond with the cotton fiber and have excellent colorfastness, but contain no heavy metals. The dyeing process uses less water than conventional dyeing, and all dye material is reclaimed and not released as effluent. By comparison, roughly half of the chemicals used as conventional dyes on cotton end up as waste in rivers and soil.
Manufacturing Process and Textile Certifications
- Plover Organic Linens are designed in the U.S.A..
- Our Organic Linens are manufactured in India using Fair Labor. Plover practices Fair Labor manufacturing in accordance with Social Accountability International's (SAI) SA8000 standard. SA8000 is based on the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Convention on the Rights of the Child, and various International Labor Organization (ILO) conventions.
- Plover's method of dyeing conforms fully to the American Organic Fiber Processing Standards (AOFPS) recognized by the OTA, as well as the Oeko-Tex Standard 100, and the Environmental Technology Advancement Directorate (ETAD) recognized in Europe.
- All organic fibers used by Plover are certified according to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), which is dedicated specifically for fiber and textile handling and production.
Pattern and Color Variations
All of our organic fabrics are hand-printed, so please allow for color and print variations. Each fabric is stitched by hand and filled with 100% organic cotton batting. Buttons on duvets and euro shams are made of recycled plastic. Availability varies by collection.
For more information, click on the photographs or links below for Plover Organic Linen Collections, Plover Organic Sheets and Pillowcases, Plover Duvet Covers, Plover Quilts, Throw Pillows, and Euro Sham Pillows.
The Plover Organic Linens Collection Ordering and Information