Paper Shag Rugs
Our Paper Shag Rugs are a great choice in sustainability and natural materials, and work well in any room with strong colors and soft comfort.
- Paper Shag Rugs use 50% recycled paper
- Durable backing made of natural latex and cotton.
- Soft, durable paper shag
- Hand woven on a loom
Shipping InformationRugs and other flooring items offered by Haiku Designs are shipped by standard UPS Ground in the continental United States.
- 4' x 6' rugs: $12 each
- 5' x 8' rugs: $19 each
- 8' x 10' rugs: $29 each
- Delivery Status: In stock.
- Delivery Time: 2-3 weeks.
Below is a handy size chart for Haiku Designs' rugs, compared (at scale) to a standard Queen Sized bed for reference.
Cleaning and Care
- Rug should be fluffed up when first un-rolled as it will initially be matted down.
- Minimal, initial shedding is normal and will diminish over time.
- Vacuum regularly. Do not use vacuum with a beater brush unless you can disable the brush or raise it higher than the shag pile because it may snag and pull the long shag tufts. If you cannot disable the beater brush or raise it higher than the shag pile you should only use suction attachments.
- Professional cleaning is recommended—especially for difficult stains or heavily soiled rugs. Your professional cleaner should know that the rug pile of the Paper Shag is 50% recycled paper, 25% viscose and 25% polypropylene. The backing of each rug is made from natural latex and cotton.
- If you choose to clean the rug yourself we recommend Host®, which is a highly rated dry extraction carpet cleaning system which works very well with all rugs.
- Clean liquid spills immediately. Blot—do not rub—with a clean, dry, absorbent cloth. You may spot-clean using a solution of mild dish soap and water but test the solution in a small, inconspicuous area of the rug to be sure there is no discoloration.
- All fibers that are exposed to direct, prolonged sunlight will experience some degree of fading. Please rotate your rug regularly if it is in a sunny location.