Japanese Style Beds
- FROM $899.00 FROM $1,099.00Raku Tatami Platform Bed
- FROM $1,399.00 FROM $1,599.00Tomaru Japanese Style Platform Bed
- FROM $1,299.00 FROM $1,499.00Takuma Japanese Platform Bed
- FROM $1,699.00Haru Platform Bed
- FROM $1,599.00Worth Platform Bed
- FROM $949.00 FROM $1,149.00Raku Tatami High Rise Platform Bed
- FROM $1,699.00Monroe Platform Bed
- FROM $1,747.00 FROM $2,097.00Azara Platform Bed
- FROM $3,620.00 FROM $4,827.00Moduluxe Platform Bed with Clapboard Headboard
- FROM $3,606.00 FROM $4,808.00Moduluxe Platform Bed with Upholstered Headboard
- FROM $2,097.00Summit Platform Bed
- FROM $2,449.00 FROM $3,500.00Kondo Platform Bed
- FROM $2,197.00 FROM $2,637.00Park Avenue Platform Bed
- FROM $3,160.00 FROM $4,214.00Moduluxe Platform Bed with Panel Headboard
Minimalists Inspired Design That Balances Modern Styling with Function and Form
The Beauty of Simplicity - Traditionally, Japanese beds were Tatami straw mats upon which were laid cotton pads or blankets. Comfort, simplicity, and the most judicious use of space were the basic concepts behind this traditional type of platform bed. We have taken this original concept and updated it for modern use, combining the simplicity and comfort of this traditional style with a decidedly modern look, resulting in an outstanding collection of Japanese beds perfectly suited for today's home environment. Creating harmony in your bedroom involves starting with a beautiful and clutter-free design. Our Japanese Furniture features minimalists inspired design that balances modern styling with function and form. Create your bedroom as a sanctuary or rest, relaxation, and tranquility.
Japanese Transition and the Modern Bedroom: The Zen art of doing More with Less
Traditional Zen philosophers believe that minimalism and simplicity are the foundational elements of Japanese architecture and furniture design. The ability to create spaces of attraction and beauty, with the use of a few choices or focused furniture pieces was the foundation of this concept. In addition, by adding the principles of Feng Shui which bring together the elements of nature in an organic way that reduces clutter and encourages open space, one can create a space that is in balance and harmony with the environment. Feng Shui concepts pair metal, stone, water, and light in geometric designs that create a flow of internal and external elements. This minimalist movement is a key element in creating Asian and Japanese inspired themes within your bedroom.
Not only is Japanese furniture visually appealing, it is also built to last. From the natural elements of solid wood and bamboo to the unique designs of low-profile platform beds, the Japanese culture values not only simplicity but quality in design. Each Japanese platform bed is crafted of solid wood, solid bamboo timber wood, or a combination of durable engineered wood and composite. You can see the difference in quality between our Japanese furniture and platform beds that use time-honored traditional construction techniques such as dovetailing, non-toxic finishes, and reinforced block, and joinery.