Raku Tatami Mat
The Raku Tatami Mat is a Japanese Grass Straw Tatami mat platform upon which you rest your futon or mattress. Tatami mats have been used for centuries in Japan as a floor covering or bed surface.
Our Tatami mats have been designed and manufactured for modern use and are constructed of 4 layers of natural grass straw, topped with a high-grade, tightly-woven rush straw, sewn to the base layers. The Tatami mats can serve as a replacement for a box spring and provide even support for your mattress. Additionally, their construction allows air to percolate up through the mats, into the mattress, and throughout the sleeping environment reducing molds and allergens and keeping the sleeping area fresh and healthy. The Tatami's covering of soft, woven rush straw cures over time to a golden hue. Thus, your mat will be a shade of green similar to the one seen in the main product image above upon arrival, but will become more of a beige/gold hue as it ages. You may experience a light, pleasant, natural aroma as the Tatami cures.
Dimensions and Product Details
- Functions as a platform upon which you rest your futon or mattress
- Constructed of 4 layers of natural grass straw, topped with a high-grade, tightly-woven rush straw
- Facilitates air flow and a toxin free sleep environment
- Woven rush straw outer layer arrives as an earthy green tone and cures over time to a golden hue
- Full, Queen, and King sizes consist of two mats that are placed on either side of the Raku's middle beam
- Manufactured in Taiwan
|Twin XL||38"||80"||2"||71 lbs||1|